Sales & Marketing Plan
I would like to clear up some misconceptions about marketing on “What Marketing Can’t Do For You?”
While there’s no question a solid marketing program can increase your business, it can’t fix everything. Below are 5 things marketing can’t do for you:
1. Marketing can’t make you an overnight success. Just because you start a marketing program doesn’t mean you’re immediately going to see your business explode. Marketing is about getting your name in front of your target market on a regular basis until they finally decide to give you a try.
2. Marketing is not about doing something once and forgetting about it. The very best marketers test. And test. And test.
3. Marketing can’t fix a bad experience. This is a big one. If your customers have a lousy experience with your products or services or with your customer service reps or sales people, etc., that’s it. Worse yet, not only have you lost a customer for good, that customer will probably tell others about their bad experience. So now you’ve lost more potential customers as well.
4. Marketing can’t fix a flawed business. Much like tip number 3, marketing can’t fix cash flow issues or staff problems.
5. Marketing can’t make people buy things they either don’t want or can’t afford. It doesn’t matter how great your product or service is, if you’re selling to people who either don’t have the interest or the means to buy it, then your marketing is going to fail no matter how brilliant it may be.
So basically it all boils down to this, before you decide you need more marketing, take a few moments and make sure marketing is really the right solution for your current issues. Before you launch into a new marketing program, take sometimes to analyse what’s really happening in your business. Do you really need to make a new marketing plan or you are actually creating another problem?
Preparing a new marketing plan or even reviewing the existing one, can be more complicated than you expected. Fortunately, there is a Marketing Plan Software from Palo Alto available in the market right now. Take a look at the software before you start writing your next marketing plan. It made my life easier and I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do.